Lost for words

Have your say
Hopeful1

Lost for words

Post by Hopeful1 »

Hi,

Feeling absolutely exhausted as my drug addicted brother's alcoholic girlfriend had a vile rant on me yesterday and called me all kinds of horrible things. I have begun to think that it's me but actually people have only behave like this when I've challenged their own behaviour.

It really feels crap when you've been put down and called names repeatedly though and all in connection with an addict in both situations. Feeling very deflated and stunned from it all. I pointed out to her that she is an alcoholic and she called me selfish and a terrible human being. Her vocabulary is quite limited but she crammed in as many insults as she could, really attacking my character. Why do they do that? Is it because they feel rotten inside? I tried to reason with her and hinted that I was too angry and to continue the conversation another time but she insisted on berating me and then said she is 'blocking' me to avoid negativity in her life..........

It just seems like a pattern. Like they are all ganging up on me. So that they can take their drugs and alcohol in peace maybe?? She also repeatedly called me 'mad' and kept saying I need 'help'. I told her she needs help from AA. It was beyond ridiculous. Very upsetting.

Thanks for listening.