TABW Reading for 21st February

Have your say
aingael

TABW Reading for 21st February

Post by aingael »

Using the Slogans

When im confused and don't know which way to turn, a slogan may be the only thing that puts me back on track.

Slogans are short, easy to remember, and come straight to the point. During my early days in Families Anonymous, I memorized several of them: keep it simple. Let go and let God. Easy does it. One day at a time. Later, when a crisis or a problem arose, it was like having money in the bank. One of those helpful slogans floated up unfailingly from the depths of memory and carried me through.

Early in the FA program, I wondered whether I could ever keep it all straight. My head was spinninng with steps, traditions, responsibilities, needs, feelings and wants. I could have become totally bewildered by this multitude of things to do "right" if I hadn't started with the slogans.

The first one I learned was Keep it simple. What does it mean? To me, it means reduce a problem to the simplest terms , find the simplest action to take, say the simplest word.

Let go and let God followed that one, and then the others: Easy does it, One day at a time. Slogans that really help.

Today I Will learn to use at least one slogan to help me stay serene.