Getting him to leave

Have your say
olderbutwiser

Re: Getting him to leave

Post by olderbutwiser »

So today he left and is spending the first night in his new place (bedsit). I’m not sure how I feel yet. Sad, guilty, yet relieved at the same time.
He’s back tomorrow to get more of his things and I suspect he will still rely heavily on me (and me him in some ways… maybe to alleviate the guilt). But the next chapter in my journey starts today and I’m also excited for that.
Hope everyone is well 🥰
Tattylashes

Post by Tattylashes »

Well done Olderbutwiser, it’s so hard I understand how you are feeling. I asked my partner to leave almost 2 weeks ago, very up and down but I do feel a lot more at peace in the house without the anger building up in me, I’m less irritable and enjoying time with my daughter alone. Take one day at a time and make some plans for yourself and your children to keep you busy 🥰
Best wishes,
TL x
olderbutwiser

Post by olderbutwiser »

Thank you! I’ve already stripped his bed ready for my daughter who comes back from uni on Friday and taken down the broken blind in his office/vape room. I can’t wait to get things how I want them it’s liberating. He seems to be ok. Could be just putting on a brave face but I hope he grabs this opportunity to get sorted with both hands.
Are you married? Where is your husband/partner now?
Tattylashes

Post by Tattylashes »

Ahh that’s great, will feel much better having things a bit more fresh, that’s lovely having your daughter back I’m sure she’ll help take your mind off things.
All we can do is sit back an see, it’s been hard for me to not try an control the situation, especially as he’s always leaned on me for direction for most things in his life!

We're not married no, together 7 years with a little girl who’s 3. He’s staying at his mums, not made much of an effort so far just started with a charity that offers support but it’s only a once a week meeting with a case worker.
Tired

Post by Tired »

Olderbutwiser

Wishing you peace now in your home.

Xc
olderbutwiser

Post by olderbutwiser »

Thanks both,

Tattylashes, my partner is the same. Seems to be incapable of doing things for himself without serious handholding. His mum also tends to mollycoddle him which sets a precedent. I think he totally lost himself living with me and now is his opportunity to find himself again.
He seemed ok last night and I’m trying to take a step back and not interfere too much. Plus need to adjust to my newfound position and what it means for me.
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Ladies

I think you are both doing great. Even though it's hurtful on the heart, you are both making decisions to put yourselves first.
That takes courage and strength.
You will come through this!
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

I SO agree!

You are both showing such determination, and acting with dignity. It is the HARDEST thing. We know, because we have done it. Love, P.